Reserve Bank of India has released a notification regarding the availability of841 vacancies for the post of RBI office attendant 2021. The RBI office attendant 2021 exams are scheduled to be held on 9th and 10th April 2021 tentatively.
The candidates who are going to appear for the examination need to be prepared for the exam. This article will discuss thedetailed syllabus and preparation tipsalong with strategies that will help the candidates in cracking the RBI office attendant 2021 exam.
RBI Office Attendant Syllabus & Exam Pattern
The RBI office attendant 2021 exam will be held in online mode.Negative marking of 0.25 mark applies for each incorrect answer. The duration of the exam is set at 1 hour 30 minutes. On qualification of the online test, the candidates have to appear for the Language Proficiency Test (LPT). LPT is of qualifying nature. It is conducted in the official/local language of the state.
The detailed RBI office attendant syllabus is given below:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
(Arrangement & Pattern, Blood Relations, Verbal Reasoning, Coding-decoding, Seating arrangement, Inequalities, Syllogisms, Puzzles, Directions, Orders & Ranking, etc.)
(Reading Comprehension, Sentence Completion, Error detection, Fill in the blanks, Cloze Test, Odd one out, Idioms and phrases, Passage Completion, etc.)
(Current Affairs, Economy, Science & Technology, History, Geography, Books & Authors, Government Schemes, Important dates and events, etc.)
(Time & Distance, Ratio & Proportion, Mensuration, Simple Interest, Average, Percentage, Data Interpretation, Probability, Simple Equations, Quadratic Equations, Speed, Time & Distance, etc.)
RBI Office Attendant Preparation Tips
Once the candidates have gone through the RBI office attendant syllabus, they need to identify their strong and weak points and start preparing for the different sections accordingly.
RBI Office Attendant Preparation Tips- Reasoning
- The reasoning section is one of the most scoring sections in the RBI office attendant 2021 exam. Most of the questions in this section are asked from the topics of syllogisms, arrangement & patterns, inequalities, seating arrangement, blood relation, etc.
- Questions from syllogisms, seating arrangements, and blood relations are easy to solve. The basic thing that the candidates need to focus on in these topics is a simple interpretation of the question given. Once the meaning of the question is identified, it becomes very simpler to break down these questions as their answers are hidden in the question itself.
- The questions related to coding-decoding, direction & distance, and mathematical inequalities are a bit time taking. Candidates need to identify the patterns behind such questions and use the pattern to solve the questions. These questions need a bit of practice to increase the speed of solving them.
- Certain questions in the reasoning section can be easily solved by the usage of bars, graphs, Venn diagrams, etc. These help in depicting the question pictorially and makes it easy to understand thereby making it easier to solve.
RBI Office Attendant Preparation Tips- General English
- Most of the questions in the English section of the RBI office attendant exam are related to reading comprehension and error detection. Para jumbles and fill in the blanks are also crucial topics of this section.
- For questions related to reading comprehension, the candidates need to understand the context of the passage. The first few sentences of the passage need more focus as these sentences describe the context. Moreover, the first question is also asked from this part. The candidates need to stick to the passage while answering the questions.
- Questions related to error-spotting are based on basic grammar rules. The candidates should refer to basic grammar books to have a grasp of these rules. While detection of errors, it has to be seen whether the verb and the sentence are complying with the subject of the sentence or not. For example, if the subject of the sentence is singular, the verb should also be singular.
- To solve fill in the blank questions, the candidates need to improve their vocabulary for which they should make a list of various words along with their meanings, synonyms, and antonyms and revise them regularly. Playing word games and word puzzles can also help in increasing the vocabulary of the candidates.
RBI Office Attendant Preparation Tips- General Awareness
- For the general awareness section, the candidates need to be updated about the current affairs and various economic and financial policies in the country and worldwide. They should refer to newspapers like The Hindu, Business Standard, Economic Times, etc. they should also solve online GK quizzes provided by gradeup.
- For questions related to general science, history, and geography, the candidates can go through NCERT books. These books provide an overall understanding of the concepts related to these subjects.
- For questions related to awards & honours, books & authors, etc., the students need to refer to study materials. Banking Awareness by Arihant Publications and Lucent General Knowledge by Lucent Publications are some of the books that would help the candidates in clearing the RBI office attendant 2021 exam.
RBI office attendant preparation tips- Numerical Ability
- In the numerical ability section, most of the questions are asked from the topics of simplification, speed, distance and time, time and work, mensuration, etc. This section generally takes most of the time and hence, the candidates should try to get over with this section at the earliest. They should, however, not give more than 30 minutes to this section. If they are unable to solve a question within a minute, it is better to skip that question.
- For questions related to simplification, the candidates need to solve a lot of questions requiring the application of the BODMAS rule. They also need to learn the multiplication tables, square roots and cube roots to solve these questions easily and quickly.
For questions related to speed, distance and time, mensuration, and time and work, candidates need to learn the various formulae along with the short tricks provided by Gradeup experts and also do a lot of practice.