Do you prefer online education or traditional in class education? I am sure 90% of you will prefer the traditional method over the new trending online approach of education but why is that so? I mean online education is quite a convenient approach and it is saving a lot of resources as well.
It has a lot of pros which can’t be overcome by its cons. So why is it that more people prefer it the old traditional way? Because there have been various myths created about online education by people. I wouldn’t say that all of them are false, but honestly most of them are not true.
First things first let’s analyze the whole situation by dividing it into groups basically school class groups like kindergarten, junior mid, middle school & then high school.
Kindergarten (pre nursery to Prep)
- The very first stage of a child’s academic and overall development, We all know that when a child is in kindergarten the main focus of their teacher and parents is on their child’s development, and it is probably the only period where everyone cares a little less about their academic growth. And the top myth about this particular age/class group is that “A child’s growth requires physical attention & learning.” True, At this development stage a child needs the personalized attention of an adult or their teachers/parents. But That attention can’t be gained in an online class now, that is a In Fact during an online class for 1st grade to 5th that attention increases because now the parents and the teachers both are keeping a track on their growth.
- In this particular age group where a child is just starting out he gets familiar with a lot of things in this age, in regular physical classes sometimes a child gets separate from the heard and hesitates about a lot of things because of being spotted or anxious but this anxiety is entirely absent in online education. In fact a child feels secure in their home environment because they are surrounded by their parents, siblings with whom they feel comfortable with, so what’s a better environment to learn in than a comfortable zone.
- Child’s safety – With a lot going on in the world right now, is it safe to let your child be in an environment which might not be safe for him/her. Schools are probably the safest places for children after their home, with so many infectious viruses it’s not safe for your child to be out there in an environment which might or might not be safe for him, because you can’t put your child’s health at risk.
Middle school (6-8)
- Now that your child is familiar with a lot of things it is easy for him/her to cope up with school either ways, but if given a choice what would he prefer? Students are now used to online schools and they find them easy, convenient and interesting. The fact that they get to explore new things along with their regular studies is pleasing itself. The whole middle school period is the time where children explore new stuff, they look for the fields they are interested in, they understand their area of interests and sometimes they can’t do all of that due to academic pressure. But in online education they get plenty of time to study and to explore. And another myth about online education, “Students can’t explore their areas, and become lazy.” It is not even half true, a student can utilize this time the most to explore their areas, because apart from education there are still a lot of things/activities which can be accessed in the online mode. You can find an online class for each and every course these days, talking about our own venture there’s hardly a course which is not available in our menu. So it becomes a win-win situation for both parents and students because students don’t have to compromise with their studies to focus on their interests and parents don’t have to worry about any academic loss.
High School (9-12)
- Now these are the most crucial and important years of a student’s life. This is the stage where main professional learning takes place, and students can’t compromise with their academics, and another top myth is that “Students can’t understand things nicely in online education as they don’t have the personalized attention and guidance of their teachers.” Again not true, In regular group classes it might be possible that teachers can’t provide that attention to each and every student due to large strength but students can still get that in their tuition classes to make sure you always choose an online 1:1 class over a group class or pre recorded lessons.
- Online tutors design their teaching strategies in a way that students can easily understand the lessons delivered in classes if they still face any problem. The perk of an 1:1 session is they can easily contact their tutor anytime they want and solve their problems.
- Another perk of online education is that students get plenty of time for self studies which in my opinion are extremely important. Students can discover their strong and weak points through self studies and plan their further learning accordingly.
Online education is not just feasible but an extremely convenient option for everyone. It opened the doors of many opportunities for everyone.