Technology has improved rapidly in the past decades. Teachers nowadays have limitless resources to support their teaching activities. They do not have to go miles away to the library to get extra teaching materials or provide additional space in their house and classroom to store their books.
Thanks to the internet, teachers can get the most updated information just a few clicks away. They also can keep all the digital resources they get in their personal cloud storage, which can be retrieved anywhere and anytime as long as they have access to the internet. Besides that, the types of resources available for them to download are varied, such as all kinds of Microsoft files (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), images, and videos. Among those types, the most common format of resources is PDF or Portable Document Format.
Based on the fact that teachers get most resources in PDF, some questions might come to mind, such as what is so special about PDF? Why do people prefer to save their digital documents in PDF? Is it possible to edit PDF ? Does it require special tools? Is it costly? Are there easy steps to edit PDFs for teachers?
Let’s discuss them one by one.
Why do teachers often get resources in PDF? What is so special about it?
- PDF helps preserve hard copy resources and make them accessible for everyone worldwide.
- PDF is convertible to and from any other format.
- PDF can be saved in a smaller size without losing the image quality.
What kind of adjustments can teachers make by editing a PDF?
Since knowledge is dynamic, teachers might want to adjust the PDF they get to match their classroom’s needs.
- They can combine two or more files in different formats and save them in one PDF file.
- They can split some pages in PDF and only keep the ones they need without losing the original format.
- They can convert PDFs to different formats to address students’ needs.
- They can fix typos, add and omit information, and change the layouts to make authentic learning material for their students.
Is it possible for teachers to edit a PDF?
The answer is an absolute yes. If users have limited access to the internet, they might need to install special tools or apps on their devices to edit a PDF.
However, teachers can edit a PDF online if they have full internet access. There are lots of online PDF converter sites that teachers can use. However, they need to be careful in choosing the trusted one like: Soda pdf to avoid viruses that might harm their device system.
Can teachers edit a PDF for free?
The next thing that might come up in teachers’ minds would be the cost of the money they must pay to edit a PDF. An old quote says, “You get what you pay.” When teachers are willing to pay more to subscribe to a specific PDF editor tool, they will get a broader range of options to edit a PDF in any way they want. However, they do not need to worry if they have a limited budget, as they can edit a PDF for free.
There might be limitations in using the free version of editing tools compared to the paid one, such as limited numbers of pages and size of the editable PDF. Therefore, teachers need to plan what they will do to enable them to edit a PDF.
Last but not least, what steps should teachers take to edit a PDF?
Using Adobe Express, teachers can edit their PDF files in the following easy steps:
- Open a file in Express.
- Click on the “Edit PDF” tool in the right pane.
- Use Acrobat editing tools:
- Add new text, edit, or update fonts using selections from the Format list.
- Using options from the Objects list, you can add, change, move, or resize photos on the page.
- To make further edits to your PDF, select the other tools. Additionally, you can annotate and watermark PDFs.
- Save your edited PDF. Users have to name the file and click the “Save” button.
In conclusion, being able to edit a PDF is a way to make teachers’ life easier in this digital era. They do not have to develop their teaching materials from scratch or bring heavy resources whenever they enter a class. Instead, they just need to compile and adjust all the digital resources they need in a pdf file and edit it according to their needs.